UA-46835615-1

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Personal | Learning from Socrates


"He who knows how to achieve happiness will do so. Therefore, he who knows what is right will do right. Because why would anybody choose to be unhappy?"

This is one of my favorite quotes of Sophie's World so far.. I'm currently on page 90 and still have lots to read/learn. But I'm taking it slow, to be able to dissect every written sentence in it. So far I'm liking it. 
This quote by Socrates made me really think and actually understand on what 'being happy' means. If you speak ill of others, often lie and cheat, and you know deep down that you're wrong.. Could you ever achieve happiness? Is knowing that you're doing wrong worth of losing even a tiny bit of happiness? 

J.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment! For the questions, I will respond to them as quickly as possible. x Jill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...